Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Pile


My song writing books, never leave anywhere without them.
9 books that I've filled out over 3 years.

Going through and reading them is like going back in time - don't mind the lameness of simile - reading the countless words that have been poured into these books just makes me feel all riled up and down. I really did write about anything I put my mind too.

I admit some of it does come off pretty lame, very actually. But I'm learning and finding my way of writing. One writer that I highly admire is Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys.

His way with words is like that of Barry White and women.

Sometimes my writing can sound too formal or too casual and it peeves me.
It's to much a fine line that's drawn.

Practice makes perfect I'm sure, being a guitarist I would know.

Well I'm back to writing right now, a song that for now can be called

"I Still"



take care.

J.Duong


No comments:

Post a Comment