Wednesday, December 30, 2009

So here's to a new year

*raises alcoholic beverage*

Here I am, yet again sleepless and a mind without the ever elusive 'off switch'

Another year has already passed by and dear god what a year it has been.
Year 12 completed albeit with some let downs - I saw them coming though - the band closer to being able to do gigs and dare I say it

a new romance?!

This year I was finally able to let go of my demons from the past and reconcile with some.
I'm not gonna lie, some things this year I have regretted - drinking and doing fucking stupid and pointless things - and I've done somethings where I've yet to look back and say

"well wasn't that a disaster?"

Like I've mentioned in one of my previous blogs, it's gonna be scary going to a different school/uni. Not being able to see the same faces I've become use to seeing as I walk down the year 12 corridor. I'm really going to miss it.

*They made us read Catcher In The Rye for a reason this year, man up Holden Caufield*

2010 is just 13 hours away at this point. Can't help but think of how I spent new years eve last year. Sitting alone on the couch in the lounge room watching fireworks go off on TV, a very low point of my life I must say. I know I have friends but that day was just 'off'

I really don't know what else to add to this blog right now, I've been awake since 12 30pm WEDNESDAY so thats 23 and a half hours with no sleep? I don't plan on sleeping till after
the countdown
is done.

Happy new year to you all


p.s. I'll still be at home celebrating new years eve, but with close friends and my bird.

2010 doesn't look too bad.





2 comments:

  1. Cheers, I'll drink to that ;)
    Here's to a new year, letting go of the past and moving on. Best of luck for the band, school and romance.
    *Raises glass* (no alcohol for me, yet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEW ROMANCE?!

    "Sitting alone on the couch in the lounge room watching fireworks go off on TV, a very low point of my life I must say."

    *Ahem* There's nothing wrong with that!!

    ReplyDelete